And, of course, I got the quiet quilt finished:
The center four squares are each a quarter inch smaller than the others, so the center of the sashing is half an inch wider than the rest of it. It's bound in the same gold as the corner blocks. I didn't think to take a picture of the back, but it's another pale print with two green strips on the sides to make up the width. I measured and mathed, but no matter how I plotted, I just didn't have enough of that pale artist print to make up the whole back. Alas.
And, at the other end of the color spectrum, this is my current project:
My friend Jill had given me a whole bunch of offcuts from medical scrubs. Veterinary scrubs, I suspect, given they all have animal prints. But among the varying pieces were a whole bunch of nearly equilateral triangles of these three prints. I measured the smallest, counted the pieces, and printed up some triangular graph paper to figure out if I had enough to make anything. And, as it happened, what I had makes up a baby quilt. It's roughly 39"x45". So I trimmed and sewed and this is the result.
As Wonderful Husband put it, not fabrics I would have chosen to put together. But they were freebies and it's been a fast project, Plus I haven't worked much with equilateral triangles before. I think it was a line from Full Metal Panic that went "Everything is experience." :) I'm trying to decide what fabric to use as a backing. These are my quick and fast pulls from the stash: