Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Ways to Beat the Heat

Ha!  I finished the last daisy block... and forgot to take a picture of it while the daycube still glowed.  Ah well, tomorrow.  I have subsequently unfolded the tablecloth (roughly 75" x 55") and started in on that.  It's three colors: red, green, and yellow, all pretty close to primary.  The red is all done.  The green, I have six small bouquets and one large along one side, and then eight small and two more large in the center.  The yellow, I have the same number of bows as bouquets, plus fifty bajillion French knots.  I might have this done by this Christmas, but next is more likely.

Thinking to switch out sewing machines and give another a workout (the 301A got put away last night as part of an effort to tidy up), I pulled out my Singer 101 that lives in a Queen Anne table.

No dice.  Something's wrong between the plug and the motor and light.  Wonderful Husband, who has taken electrician's classes far more recently than myself, wasn't able to diagnose it either let alone fix it.  So at some point I'm going to need to lay out money and take the whole thing, table and all, in for repair....

No comments:

Post a Comment