Friday, September 1, 2017

September Starts!

I vanished for a whole month~!  Ugh, sorry about that.

Let's see.  What did I do for the month?  I took my boys and the three of us flew up to Washington to visit my sister and her baby.  Just like her mama, Niecelet is so cute!  And my sister and I did a great deal of thrift-storing and not a great deal of jamming.  The former is much easier than the latter with two babies (one very mobile) and a preschooler.

How does that relate to sewing, you may wonder?  Well, I may have needed to borrow a duffel bag from my sister to haul all my new books back.  I swear, one thrift store in particular, someone must have dumped their entire stash of quilt books.  And the Venn diagram of their tastes and mine had a LARGE overlap.  Plus I may have been collecting row-by-rows as we went along.

After returning home, we've all been struck down by whatever got caught on the airplane.  And it's been miserable hot.  But I've been trying to finish a few projects to donate to the Quilts For Kids group at my guild.  I've finished one pillowcase that has been lingering on my desk for months, and sewn a label onto the veterinary scrubs triangle baby quilt.  I've also pulled out the Jaws fabric I got at Costume College's Bargain Basement, used that to sew up my Ugly Fabric 9-Patches for the month, and realized I had a block of it big enough to do up another pillowcase, so that got cut out and sewn as well.

I would <i>like</i> to be quilting.  But it's just too bloody hot.  Furniture is actively warm to the touch!  So the Jacob's Ladder quilt top I got for $10 at Costume College is waiting.  About 1/6th finished.  Where it's been since our guild demo day at the OC Fair.

In other news, I had my 41st birthday, which, in light of the miserable weather and all of us being different degrees of sick, kind of wasn't.  Though I got lots of lovely books!  Including a couple quilting books I've been coveting.  And Wonderful Husband bought me a couple more row-by-rows as a gift from my boys. :)  So I have things to sew.  But I'm trying to be good and not chase rabbit down their holes until I've knocked another few WIPs off my stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment