Sunday, March 10, 2024

Old Quilts and Modern Activities

So in the process of going through antique malls and shops with my mother, there have been a couple quilts that caught my eye.  It's funny how few quilts there are in such places nowadays!


Snowball isn't an uncommon design, but I loved how the center ones were scrappy and then there were three rows of controlled color border.  I think the finished size of the snowballs on this one were about 2 1/2".


A largeish block, but one that could be fun to make in a scrappy assortment


And an applique sailboat design that I'd not ever seen before.

Let's see... what else has been going on?  We went to Emerald City Comic Con a couple weeks ago, the first convention Wonderful Husband and I have gone to in what must be close to six years now.


Jazzy and Squiddle held up marvelously, far better than I had expected.  Jazzy got an articulated 3D printed dragon, Squiddle a Litten plushie and keychain (each of them spending their own money), Wonderful Husband a dice game, and I found a flight of actually spicy hot sauces from Gindo's.

I am now considering whether or not I (we) also want to attend Norwescon in a couple weeks.  There are an awful lot of writing panels I'd like to attend....

In between now and then, Wonderful Husband and I have tickets to see Rent at the Tacoma Little Theatre.  Unlike Cats a couple months back, we decided this one is not age-appropriate for Squiddle and Jazzy.  The last time we saw Rent was in NYC when he proposed to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment