Thursday, September 21, 2017

Sewing and Sick Babies

Waiting for the washing machine repairman to show up.  I have one more seam to sew on Jazzy's Christmas pillow, but I need to press the last seam first, and I don't want to haul out the ironing board right now....  I've been being good and putting it away every night.

That said, the current set of blocks got finished last night, so my next step anyway is going to be pressing and cutting more fabric.  Sigh.  I've got four Wheel of Fortune blocks (goal: 36) and ten Purple Star blocks (goal: 26) done, as well as twenty Ugly Nine-Patch blocks made up for this month's exchange.  Plus I counted up my current leader-and-ender project and somehow I've got eighteen finished Idaho Square Dance block in that stack. (Goal: who knows?)

Squiddle has been sick (he's now in the probably-still-infectuous-but-feels-fine stage), and Jazzy has caught it.  First fever, then sore throat, then lasting red spots.  It's not the chicken pox, and the doctor said it was probably a virus and we just have to ride it out.  Fortunately Jazzy is napping at the moment, because he hasn't been happy.  (Understatement.)  He and I got to bed at a quarter past two this morning.

Sigh.  In anticipation of it getting worked on today, I cleared off the washer, so the stuff that was on it got put on the dining table this morning, and has been being moved to its forever homes.  I should finish that task first so that I can have the table clear for other tasks.

That and I should "debone" the shirt I got at the thrift store yesterday, to use in the Wheel of Fortune project....

No comments:

Post a Comment