Saturday, September 30, 2017

Stitch by Stitch

Wonderful Husband is back home and on the mend.  Squiddle and Jazzy are almost fully recovered.  So back I go to sewing as stress relief.

I've pulled out the block I got in my guild's Round Robin exchange and have been working on it.  I framed it in black, and put three 3" stars (pattern from Civil War Remembered) in two corners.  I showed it to Wonderful Husband and he thought my asymmetrical design needed something in the other two corners.  So I got out my chalk pen and drew some swoops on the empty space and once they looked decent to me, pulled out the #5 perle cottons I got at the thrift store the other week.  A little more running stitch in gold and white, and it'll be done.  One more project checked off my list (for this month).

No comments:

Post a Comment