Sunday, September 23, 2018

Bright Tumblers, Done!

I just took the last stitches on the binding and finished the Bright Tumblers quilt.  No pics for now - it's dark!  But I made it of three-inch finished tumblers, sized to fit our bed, so I'll take pictures of it on the bed tomorrow.  My wonderful Mother-in-Law asked, so I calculated: at thirty rows of forty-one tumblers in a row, there are 1230 tumblers in this quilt!  And the back is (mostly) made of two lengths of fabric left over from making the boys bedsheets and pillowcases.  When I started the quilt as part of Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Leader and Ender challenge, I showed some of the inspiration photos to Wonderful Husband and he liked one that was mostly brights with some darks, so that's what I did.  This quilt was always intended to be for him, and I finally gave it to him a few days ago, mostly finished, as one of his birthday presents. ^_^

We're keeping the house tidy and showing it to about eight people a week (mostly on weekends).  So far I have managed to not be here when someone is touring it.

And Jazzy has of late been tucking himself under the quilt on Squiddle's bed, or under the sheets on my and Wonderful Husband's bed, so tonight, for the first time, I tucked him under a quilt in his own crib.  He seemed to like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment