Thursday, April 21, 2022

Last Man Standing

Everyone in the household is sick.  Except for me.  And the cat.  Jazzy has the flu.  Wonderful Husband has the flu.  And last night Squiddle came down with what is apparently an infection in both ears.  So the night went something like this:

1am - Squiddle comes in complaining
2am - Squiddle comes in complaining, and gets dosed with children's Tylenol
4am - Squiddle comes in complaining, and is told there's nothing more we can do in the middle of the night
4:15am - I go into Squiddle's room, where he's crying, and let him know that it's probably an ear infection (he thought he was going deaf, or dying) and that I will take him to the Urgent Care as soon as they open at 8am
6am - Jazzy wakes us up to let us know he used the toilet (with no accidents, hooray!)
7am - Wonderful Husband gets up
7:45am - Squiddle, already dressed, wakes me up. I put on clothing and take him to the Urgent Care.
12:00pm - We get back, I dose him with amoxicillin and children's ibuprofen. Wonderful Husband goes back to bed for 3.5 hours now that I'm back to keep an eye on Jazzy.

NOT A RESTFUL NIGHT.

And I'm being told that I'm not allowed to get sick.  Which, I don't want to get sick!  But having the responsibility for keeping everything chugging along entirely on my shoulders while everyone else is sick is draining unto itself.

At least this, too, shall pass...

No comments:

Post a Comment