Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Thrifting Day

My mother came across the bridge today, bringing a stack of clothes for the boys (dinosaurs and Minecraft featured heavily in the designs) from the kids' clothing sale she attended recently with my sister.  And returning some jars that I'd sent with her full of salsa, and some saved eggshells for me to bake and feed to the chickens.

Squiddle was not feeling 100% - he's had congestion and a hoarse voice on and off all day - so he stayed home while Mom and Jazzy and I went up to Port Orchard.  We went to St. Vincent de Paul, lunched at That One Place, and then went into One Less Orphan before heading home.

In the middle of lunch it started snowing.  And then hailing.  And then snowing more.  And the trend continued even after we got home!  nothing sticking, but still, very late in the year for that kind of thing.  (For a while it was fat dizzying flakes floating down, my favorite type of snowfall.)

She acquired a book, a couple bracelets, a strainer, and a couple bread loaf pans.  I found two shirts for me, one for Jazzy, a couple dinosaur undies also for Jazzy, three small plant pots, a basket, a quilting magazine, some quilting templates, and two embroidery projects - a matched pair of pillowcases, and a hand towel.  I sent Mom home with some parsnips and carrots from the garden, as well as a variegated spider plant.

I also got a horseradish root planted, another pot of basil started, and another couple variegated spider plants rooting in a hanging pot.  I probably should get around to putting more hooks in the ceiling so I can hang some more plants....

No comments:

Post a Comment