Saturday, February 4, 2023

This Week

Went to the Gig Harbor Quilters meeting on Wednesday and had a good time.  I made a contact with a woman who lives not that far from me, and who is interested in having someone to sew with.  The guest speaker had made some lovely quilts, but was, for my taste, just a bit too interested in talking about the classes she teaches locally and her longarm quilting business, with the obvious text/subtext of trying to drum up business.

However, I did purchase some more reds for the Reds for Squiddle quilt off the Treasure Table, as well as a yard of Mario fabric that will be made into a pillowcase for Jazzy.

I haven't gotten any more sewing done since, due to inertia, insomnia, housekeeping, and keeping up with my writing ~4000 words a week on the story I'm currently posting.  (One more scene, and I'll be done with this Friday's chapter!)

Also, finally The Blood of Olympus (502pp) arrived, so I read through that on Thursday.  And now I'm onto The Red Pyramid, which is the first of the Kane Chronicles books.  I must admit, I'm amused by the hints Riordan drops of the other series in both of these volumes.

And, I had my 19th wedding anniversary this week!  We did absolutely nothing for it, as the boys had swimming class that evening. ^_^;;

No comments:

Post a Comment