Tuesday, January 31, 2023

One Row At A Time

 I spent some of yesterday stitching and cutting and stitching some more.  That's all quilting is, right?  Cutting apart perfectly good fabric just to sew it back together.  In any case, the 24 star blocks got another row each:


Just one more row to go, and then I can move on to the "X" blocks!  That said, I doubt I'll get very much done on it (if any) today or tomorrow.  Today I have homework to do for my writing class, and grocery shopping, and attempting to write for that chapter I have due out on Friday.  And tomorrow is daytime quilt guild followed by the evening being taken up by said writing class.

I did, however, squeeze in one more book for January!  When we hit up Half Price Books earlier this month, they had five Barbara Hambly books on the shelves, and she's an author I've had recommended by several reputable SFF voices on the internet.  So I grabbed Dragonsbane (341pp), and... well, I'm not ashamed to say I stayed up way too late reading it.  Book was gripping!  I need to read the rest of what I have of hers, and then arrange to procure more.  So that brings me to 10 books and 4433 pages read for January.  Completely separate from the fanfiction reading, of course.

And now back to editing for my classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment