Sunday, March 12, 2023

Sunday Report

A bit of excitement this time-change morning!  (I would have gone back to bed after feeding the cat, but 15 minutes later Jazzy decided it was time for him to get up, sooo....)

But as I was sitting here at my desk, trying to work up the enthusiasm to do things, I saw a couple of neighborhood dogs frisking across the front lawn.  Except then I realized: those don't look like any of the neighborhood dogs I know.


I've lived here for three years, and while I've heard the local coyotes a time or two, I've never before seen any of them!  They're beautiful, and I'm excited, but they're also very much the reason we build our chicken coop to be Fort Knox, and the reason Sushi is an indoors-only cat.

So!  Things I have been working on.  I completed the top and backing for Squiddle's quilt:



They're currently draped across the guest bed with the door closed, to keep them smooth, flat, and free of cat fur until I can get them basted and ready to quilt.

Because!  I realized that I have a UFO (UnFinished Object) quilt due at my next two guild meetings.  For the one on the 22nd, I only need to have it done to a top, but for the one on April 5th, it's supposed to be finished!  So I pulled out the bag of (apparently) 157 blocks from the Ugly Fabrics 9-Patch Exchange I ran for the Orange County Quilt Guild several years ago:



I have one extra turquoise-and-black patch, which may go on the back.  For now, all the rows are sewn and pressed, waiting to be joined.  My plan is to get this to a finished top, bang together a backing, then get it and Squiddle's quilt basted one after another.

1 comment:

  1. be careful of those coyotes - we have seen a few over the years here but not many - lovely scrappy patchwork!

    ReplyDelete