Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Overwhelmed

I'm trying not to curse, and trying not to cry.

You may've noticed I haven't posted here in a few weeks.  That's because we had the shattering tile in our house taken back down to the hardwood underneath and refinished.  (Except for the kitchen, which was retiled in a nicer, non-broken tile.)  Which necessitated us completely vacating the house for a week.  Which, when the contractor found half the underlying hardwood missing and replaced with plywood, ballooned to two weeks and two and a half times his project estimate.  And now we're having to repaint all the baseboards and the sections of crown moulding that we never got to the first time, and we can't move things back in until we do that, and and and...

And this week is Costume College.  I have three classes to teach, and I've just discovered that the slideshow I thought I had for the third is actually a seven-page handout.

And it's a heatwave.

And I can't ask my mother to take the boys for a day to let me create a slideshow because she's out of town until Friday.

And we still have a deadline of trying to get this house cleaned up, a yard sale held, and the house listed for sale by the middle of next month.

My ability to cope is gone.

1 comment:

  1. You will cope because you are capable. Take a deep breath and write a list! I so wish we could help, but we're sending love and good thoughts. Take care. M

    ReplyDelete