Monday, July 2, 2018

Packing Panic

My sewing shelves are all packed up.  Most of my sewing stuff is in storage, and the shelves have been moved out to the garage and we're using them to hold stuff we're divesting, with an eye toward holding a yard sale soon.

We're also getting our tile floors taken back down to hardwood next week.  So EVERYTHING needs to go off them.  (Except for the office, bedrooms, and bathroom.)  The most apt descriptive phrase seems to be "AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"  We've spent the day moving some of the smaller pieces of furniture and packing up the bottom half of the china cabinet.  To add joy to this pleasure, there's a heat wave (projected high temperatures of 106!) moving in come Friday.  So we want to get all this moving of heavy things done before then.

I've made reservations for the cat to be boarded, and for the six-day duration of the floor refinishing, we'll be staying with my parents.  Which... is going to be interesting.  I'm debating which couple of projects to try and take with me to work on.  I'll be coming back up here almost daily to check on the work, pick up mail, water the garden, take the boys to classes etc., but I won't be able to access anything we've forgotten.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment