Sunday, February 10, 2019

Tic-Tac-Toe

Fighting against not enough sleep, between pre-7am wakeups (cat, little boys) and staying up late working on finishing a story that I've left abandoned since 2013.  But that's done now, at least.  So, bed early for a while.

Yesterday I cut and sewed a sample block for Block of the Month at guild on Tuesday:


It's called Tic-Tac-Toe and I adapted it from a Quilt magazine pattern from 1995.  The original block was 15"... mine is 9.5".

That said, I switched back to the Singer Rocketeer for this, put on a new foot, and forgot to check my seam allowances.  So the sample block is about 3/8" too small.  Grr~!  Well, teaches me a lesson.  I used it for the picture on the handout, and will chuck it into my collection of orphan blocks.  I've cut out the pieces for three others (there's room on the display board for three blocks plus instructions) and will sew those up today, being more careful of my seam allowance.

No comments:

Post a Comment