Sunday, July 14, 2019

Second week of July

Kind of a slow week.  I got the rest of the supplies together for the blackwork class I'll be teaching at Costume College, just need to divvy them up into bags for each student.  And make copies of the instruction sheet!  I also turned most of the boysenberries into jam:


And I made a rhubarb pie, which turned out kind of mediocre:


Wednesday evening, I went to the West Sound Quilters Guild again and joined as a member.  The speaker was Mr. Domestic, and he had some fascinating techniques, including fabric weaving.

And yesterday, surprising me, Wonderful Husband suggested a trip to the thrift store(s) that carry furniture, so he could get an idea of what they might have.  We didn't get any, but I did net another dozen-plus canning jars and a nice flatware box that I'm going to try and rehab.  And he found a couple techie toys to play with.  All in all, a nice outing and I took the boys to the park afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment