Thursday, December 12, 2019

Immovable Deadline Versus Irresistible Issue

I have been simultaneously a headless chicken and an energyless sloth.  Argh!

I've got a sewing project cut out and bagged for England (a flannel rag quilt for Jazzy, to equal Squiddle's, and keep them both warm in bitter weather) and I have the fabrics for their Christmas pillowcases ready to cut and bag up in the morning.  The tree is decorated and on a timer.  Jazzy gave a jar of quince jam to his teacher today for a Christmas gift, and I have another ready for Squiddle to give to his teacher tomorrow.  Transportation to the airport is arranged, all that's left is... packing.  And laundry and dishes and deep-cleaning the three bathrooms, and and and.  At least I vacuumed today?

I ALSO had the unpleasant experience of taking Squiddle to the optician today and finding out just how bad his vision is in one eye.  The school gave him a screening test back in OCTOBER and didn't let us know until THIS WEEK that he needed help!  We managed to get him an appointment before we leave, and found out he is severely amblyopic, and will need both glasses and to wear an eyepatch at least two hours each day to strengthen his vision.  Unfortunately, given how long it takes to order glasses versus when we are leaving, we will not be able to take care of this until we get back, a month from now!  Why didn't the school let us know sooner?!  (I'm not upset about the glasses, and neither is he so far.  I'm upset that we can't start helping his vision get better for a whole month.)

Sorry.  I'm stressing.  Hard and fast deadlines going up against my child's health does that to me.  At least our Christmas cards got mailed out?

No comments:

Post a Comment