Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Triumph!

I finished the Scrap Stars quilt yesterday, along with the coordinating pillowcases.  Two weeks and two days, start to finish.  Eleanor Burns I'm not.  This morning I got up at the usual time, fed the cat, made banana muffins from the last two bananas which were just past their prime, and tossed the quilt and pillowcases into the washer with a couple color catchers.

We then got the children up and dressed, fed them, and I put Jazzy's laundry away (everyone else's was put away yesterday).  I packed Squiddle a lunch (he gets a cafeteria lunch one day a week and this week he chose to have it yesterday), then tossed the quilt and pillowcases into the dryer on the way out the door to school.  The color catchers were a medium blue, but the light colored sections of the quilt didn't, at a quick glance, show any staining.  Which is why I use the color catchers for the first wash!

After dropping the boys off at school, Wonderful Husband and I went to the bank to talk with financial advisors, then picked up our prescription refills.  I dropped him back off at the house and made it back to the school just in time to pick up Jazzy.  Now to (metaphorically) make hay this afternoon!

ETA: Turned the last dozen quince into another six jars of jam.  Repotted ten or so strawberry plants.  Culled through the remaining bag of cranberries and tossed the good ones into the freezer to be used up at Half-Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment