Sunday, September 24, 2023

C is for: Cross Stitch, Crowns, Cats

After posting last week, I took a look at the picture of the Santas cross stitch project, said some short words, and pulled out the seam ripper. After removing and restitching several misplaced motifs, I continued on, and here's where that project is to right now:


But that isn't the only thing I've been working on this week!  My uncle, my dad's best friend, has been going through some serious health issues.  We've just gotten the word that it is not cancer, however, which left all of us much relieved.  But I realized I've never made him a quilt.  So I pulled out this stack of blocks I'd made, and set to work.


The block pattern is known as Crown of Thorns, or Single Wedding Ring.  Since 30 blocks was good to make a quilt, I cut muslin and a border fabric and got to stitching.  Currently that project is at this stage:


I plan to baste it tomorrow while the boys are at school.

And!  Since Squiddle is now a double digits age, for his big birthday present we gave him the choice of either a computer or a phone.

He said he wanted a cat.

Okay.  Our cat, Sushi, is very much a me cat and really doesn't let other members of the household interact with him much.  He's 15 and remembers all too well being chased by little boys.  So wanting a pet of his own was a reasonable request for Squiddle to make.  After Wonderful Husband mulled it over for a while and got used to the idea, he agreed.

Last weekend, Squiddle and I went to the Humane Society, but they were having an adoption event that day so it ended being very disappointing for Squiddle.  No kittens left.  I kept an eye on their website, though, and picked up Squiddle after school on Friday.  He had been leaning toward a ginger cat, but this lovely little fellow was meowing his head off and reaching for Squiddle through the bars, so I think they chose each other.


Meet Ramen, our newest family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment