Friday, September 8, 2023

Catching Up

Whoop, I missed a week!  I'll excuse myself by saying we had visitors from overseas, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.  (Hi, Mary!  Hi Kate!)  They flew home yesterday, so today has been stripping and remaking all four beds, and doing a good bit of laundry.

I did a little bit of quilting stuff while they were here - helped Mary get her next quilt basted, and worked on some blocks from the Gig Harbor guild's brown bag abandoned WIP challenge, as well as helping the pair of them go through my (too many) totes of fabric and take what they wanted.  I also submitted three quilts to be shown in the guild's show in October.  One is the rainbow bed quilt I made for Squiddle a couple years ago; the other two are my red hearts and teal windmills mini quilts.

And, I took Kate with to this month's meeting, where Marie Bostwick gave a very good talk about being an artist.  It still feels weird that someone whose books I have been reading for years now lives in the same town and belongs to the same guild I do.  I purchased Marie's newest book, asked her to sign one of the older ones, and also bought her first Cobbled Court book as a gift for Mary to read on the plane. 

And I maaaay have purchased some things off the Treasure Table.

A bag of dinosaur fabrics to become this year's Christmas quilt for a certain 6yo boy.

A selection of fabrics for various projects.

A few magazines, some oversized rick-rack, and two patterns.  The one on the right is in the lead to be this year's Christmas quilt for a certain 9yo boy.

There were two separate stacks of Disney princess squares (same size) so I grabbed those, and this purple that goes with...

...and then I went digging in my own boxes yesterday, unearthing these, which also go with.  (I think there is still one more Frozen-themed remnant out there somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.)  These will make 6yo Niecelet's Christmas quilt.

And, speaking of Christmas, I'm almost done on the Nutcracker cross-stitch!

I just need to finish the backstitching on the rightmost nutcracker, and then I get to worry about washing and pressing it, finding a frame, getting it laced, and purchasing a mat.

2 comments:

  1. it looks like you came home from your meeting with a lot of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! There was also an Accuquilt Go Baby machine, with a few dies, that I was dithering about. I've been wanting to try an Accuquilter, but my wallet really didn't have anywhere near what I thought would be enough for it, to put into the cash jar. But fortunately someone else relieved me of the dilemma!

      Delete