Saturday, September 30, 2023

Chugging Along

Took the quilt top for Uncle G. in to the Quilters By the Bay guild meeting this week, as well as the Nutcrackers cross stitch, since I'd bought that at one of the guild sales.  One of the ladies had done a Thimbles quilt top - basically Tumblers, but at a 1" scale.  I suddenly have a mighty need to do one of my own....

This coming week, I'll be turning in Squiddle's rainbow quilt, as well as the red/pink hearts mini, and the turquoise pinwheels mini, to the Gig Harbor Quilters for the quilt show next weekend.

Meanwhile, I've been steadfastly chugging along on the Santas cross stitch.


The pattern, being from 1990, has all four Santas as very definitely white.  I've only stitched the (palest possible pink) facial tone of the upper right one.  I think I'm going to break with the pattern and search through my thread for three different golden or brown tones for the other Santas.  We live in a world of wondrous diversity and potential; I will honor that.


No comments:

Post a Comment