Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Argh!

I want to be sewing!  But just as my writing time disappeared with boy #1, is my sewing time disappearing in the face of boy #2?  This week it seems that way!

I know it's just Jazzy probably hitting a growth spurt and wanting nursies more often that's eating up the minutes.  And Squiddle has actually been pretty good about naptime recently.  And the fact that I've been taking advantage of good weather to tackle the backlogged housecleaning and outside gardening stuff during Squiddle's nap is where my sewing time's gone.

But god.  If I lose this creative outlet too, I will Go. Out. Of. My. Mind.

And I will take Wonderful Husband with me.

*goes to negotiate with Wonderful Husband for sewing time this weekend*

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin! I feel your frustration. When my two boys were little I would log for sewing time, and mostly -- it never happened except for small moments. For instance, if I could cut something out before they went to bed, pairs would be ready to sew when they took a nap. Even 10 minutes of machine time lifted my spirits! The kids will be little for only so long --but perhaps a bit of strategic planning can have you smiling and feeling like you are making progress in between those important mommy moments :) Best stitches to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could edit my post....I would LONG for sewing time, and cut things out AFTER they went to bed but before I went to bed :) But you get the jist :)

    ReplyDelete