Saturday, January 14, 2017

I Shall Not Over-Commit Myself

Playing catch-up with my to-do list this week.  I got the Block of the Month blocks and my sample row done in time for the guild meeting on Tuesday, so that was good.  The voting for the new slate of officers is at next month's meeting, so I got announced as candidate for Secretary.  And I closed the list for the Ugly Fabrics Nine Patch exchange at the end of the meeting.  Fourteen of us!

Since the meeting I've sewn the February sample row to the January one and decided on the March blocks (Single Irish Chain, in green and white/cream) and mailed out the information to the Nine Patch Exchange ladies.  I also submitted five classes to Costume College: Beginning Hand Embroidery; Beginning Blackwork; How To Machine Quilt; 1950s Petticoats; and Fantastic Fabric Fairy Wings.  However, I did stipulate that I will only teach three classes.  The year I taught four I really burned out.  So we'll see which, if any, they would like me to teach this year.

Things still on the crafty to-do list: mailing out December's Block Lotto blocks to their recipients.  I'm late on that this month.  Tomorrow I shall address envelopes (and a box) and hopefully hit up the post office on Monday.

And that's the grand total of my stitching this week.  I'm going to blame Squiddle's classes starting back up again.  I went back up to commitments five days a week for classes and groups for my boys, plus Wonderful Husband has classes two evenings a week now.  So it's an adjustment period, right?  But Bonnie Hunter has Quilt-cam going tomorrow morning, so I'm going to watch that and hopefully get my sewing mojo back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment