Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year, New Challenges

Poking along on sewing things.  I've decided to participate in Pat Sloan's Solstice Challenge since I figure I can handle sewing one 12" block a week.  I had a bundle of fat quarters and fat eighths that I'd picked up at a thrift store, so I figured it was a good chance to use those up.  First two blocks, done!

I've also started work on the next block of the month for the Orange County Quilters Guild.  I do six samples for the board, and twelve for me for the row sewalong I'm doing each month, in addition to creating the handout.

And I've just received an email asking if I want to put my name in the hat for guild Secretary!  On one hand, I'm flattered.  On the other hand, it would be asking my husband to hustle home early and handle the boys for me two days a month instead of just one.  I've never taken minutes before, but I'm sure I could do it.  But do I want to add another commitment to my life at this point?  I need to think on it.  I kind of want to say yes, but I also kind of want to say no for right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment