Saturday, June 9, 2018

Featherweight Table, Come and Go

Yesterday I sold the Featherweight card table to Debi, my friend from both of the quilt guilds I'm in.

Here it is as it was when I purchased it, back in May of 2014:


A bit battered and dinged and dented.  You can see where there's water marks, but the chips and gouges don't really show in the above photo.  And the tape left a lot of residue behind when I peeled it off.

Here it is as I sold it yesterday:


Here, ironically, you can see the chips and gouges better, because the "stainable" wood putty I used to fill them?  LIED.  It would not take the stain.  But I sanded the top and sides within an inch of their life, stained it all a nice warm maple color, and then applied three coats of polyurethane, so it's nice and smooth and fabric will glide across it.  The table shows its age and history but is no longer quite as much a wreck.  Debi seemed pleased with it, and in the end that's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment