Monday, June 4, 2018

Painty Painty Paintingness

Last night, after the boys had been put to bed, Wonderful Husband and I hauled the shower room door out to the garage and I painted one side with base coat.  Tonight I'll go the enamel coat, let that cure for twenty-four hours, then tomorrow night flip it and base coat the other side.  While I was doing that, Wonderful Husband wrangled dishes and laundry and taped off the trim inside the shower room, so then I base-coated that.  I also pulled out the chippy over-the-john I'd bought for $4 at an estate sale several years ago, gave it a quick sand, and base-coated that as well.  It'll look good over the toilet in the shower room.  This all went so quick and easy (two hours, start to bedtime) that other than the massive home improvement burnout after fixing this house when we bought it, I'm left wondering why we haven't tackled these projects years ago.

Ah, inertia.

Since I'm on sort of a roll here, I'm seriously considering also painting the two small bookcases white during this eight-night painting spree....

But for now, I'm going to go wind a couple more bobbins for the orange nine-patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment