Saturday, September 14, 2019

Possible House Name: Grey Gables

Jazzy turned three this week, and got lots of presents.  Anyone who wants to give him noise-making vehicles, no, please, he has enough now! :)

I also got my belated birthday present: a Roomba!  Hooray, no more needing to sweep downstairs!  Now we just have to name it.  I'm leaning toward Stabby, for Internet Meme reasons, but other names have been put forth as well.

I also got the fourth bookcase built and Wonderful Husband bolted it to the wall.  I decided it is the manga/comics bookcase, and have been filling it.  Well, filling the top half.  I'm babysitting Niecelet for another five days next week, and she has no regards for other peoples' possessions, and we have no doors yet for this bookcase.  But, hey, four more boxes emptied!  And all* the boxes of books and toys have now been carted up to the bonus room, leaving the living room completely devoid of boxes!

*All, in this case, not including the boxes of books that I know are in the garage, and the boxes of books I suspect are in the garage.

The living room and dining room are devoid of boxes.  I begin to sympathize with Helen Parr, in the beginning of The Incredibles, gloating over having finally unpacked the last box... three years after the move.  I know we need at least one and a half more bookcases, and I'm hoping that will be enough.

The other problem with unpacking books, though, is the urge to stop and reread them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment