Thursday, September 5, 2019

Someday This Will Be A Funny Story...

So my sister is in the process of moving.  I've been going over this week and helping pack boxes and such while Squiddle is in school.  (My baby is now in kindergarten! Which, actually, I am really chill with.  But I digress.)

Today was moving day!  Three guys and a U-Haul at Sister's house, along with myself and our mother and the two toddlers mostly across the street being babysat.  Except for the part where two of the guys got into a violent altercation which left both of them bleeding.  (I witnessed the start of it, ran into the house and yelled for my sister, who is an emergency room nurse and as such possesses immense reserves of fortitude in crisis situations, a gift I definitely do not have.)  Sister called 911, three cop cars and a firetruck pulled up, apparently there was a knife involved which I did not even know about until it got to the taking-statements part of things.  Who the frack carries a knife around with them?!  Both guys were bleeding.

I had to leave mid-afternoon to meet Squiddle at the bus stop, but apparently (at a quarter after eight at night) they are finally almost done getting everything onto the trucks.

I told my sister her move was cursed (this has been, by far, not the only issue with it, just the most violent) and suggested burying the statue of a saint or burning something in effigy or something.  She didn't say no....

No comments:

Post a Comment