Saturday, August 24, 2019

Still Searching For A House Name

So we are moved in!  And slowly unboxing things.  I have a working kitchen.  The beds are all set up, even if they and the bureaus are probably not in final position.  The rest is dross.  And the to-do list stretches endlessly before us.

The sofa from the auction, I'm pleased to say, cleaned up nicely... washing the back cushions and the seat covers, and vacuuming the rest of it within an inch of its life, did the poor thing good.  I found eight cat toys jammed down into the back!  There's a hole in the back that I'm contemplating just tacking some mostly-matching quilting fabric over until I'm at a point where I can address reupholstering the sofa.

Slightly hindering the unpacking process in Boxville is my providing child care for Niecelet.  Her usual care provider had emergency surgery and will be unable to care for her for the next six weeks.  Friday, when I wasn't caring for her, I was able to hit up a couple thrift stores in Port Orchard along with other errands.  About $4 got me eight quilting magazines, two fat quarters of fabric, and five canning jars.  I also spotted two solid-wood frame sofas from the 1970s that I'm considering.  They, too, would need reupholstering.  But furniture that is nigh-indestructible by small children appeals....

I think I'm glad that we moved in during the latter half of summer.  It means that getting a vegetable garden in is not even a consideration for this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment