Saturday, July 18, 2020

Saturday Stuff

Ugh.  I am wiped.  I'm fairly sure I know why: I get up with the cat, which means 7am or before.  Whenever he starts bumping at our bedroom door because he wants his breakfast.  Today being a weekend, I let Wonderful Husband sleep in - he got up 2.5 hours after me.  So I'm going to hit the sack early tonight to make up some of that sleep deficit.

That said, getting up earlier than anyone else in the house isn't all bad.  I worked some more on the third trellis I'm making for the garden  Seventeen lashings done this morning before I ran out of the first roll of twine and decided that made a good stopping point.  Only fourteen more to go; if I'm diligent, I can finish it tomorrow morning and get it in the garden and have one less thing on my to-do list.

We had a couple of deer in the yard today, luckily while my mother was here and while we were Skype'ing with my inlaws, so they all got to see them.  A couple of young bucks, investigating my vegetable beds.  They fled over the back fence and into the wooded area even though we never left the patio.  They were gone before I thought to take pictures, alas.

We're starting Jazzy on toilet training, with mixed success.  Sadly, wetting his big boy undies does not seem to cause him distress.  But we shall persevere!

And, in other also less-fantastic news, Wonderful Husband managed to stab himself in the thumb while cutting up chicken for the boys' plates at dinner.  It's stopped bleeding, but we're both thinking he's rapidly going to find out just how often he uses that digit for typing.

But now, bed for the boys and then for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment