Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Marymere Falls

Yesterday was going to be hot here (the weather app on my phone says it hit 93) so I accepted my sister's offer for the boys and I to join her and my niece on a hike a ways up the Kitsap Peninsula.  And I hauled the aircon unit out of the garage and Wonderful Husband and I got it set up in his office, to keep him not roasted for the day.

Marymere Falls ended up being a 2-hour 20-minute drive away, and when we got there it was a struggle to find parking.  But we did, and had a nice picnic lunch with all three kids in the shade, then did the walk to the falls.  It was like walking through Endor!  The trail was mostly pretty flat, except for the bit at the end where there were stairs up to the falls.


Going back down the stairs, everyone except my sister skidded and fell on their duff at least once.  Farther on on the way back Jazzy tripped and skinned his hand and a tiny bit of his knee.  But he refused to let me carry him back to the car.

Unfortunately there was a 35-minute-delay traffic snarl going through Bremerton, so we would have ended up twenty minutes late to Squiddle's eye appointment.  When I called Wonderful Husband, who was going to meet us there, he said the optician would have left by then, and he got the appointment rescheduled for next month.

And, the oddest thing... on the trail, heading in the opposite direction from us, was a woman who looked so strongly like my high school friend Rita that I almost asked if it was her.  But I didn't.  Maybe I should have?  Regardless, I poked around on the internet last night and found Rita's professional contact information and e-mailed her.  Here's to hoping she e-mails me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment