Sunday, July 19, 2020

Stargazing

I went to bed on time last night!  And then got woken up at 11pm by a cat fight outside.  Urgh.  So I went downstairs just to double-check that Sushi was inside and not part of it (which, he was on the sofa, so all good).  Back upstairs I looked out the bedroom window to see if I could see the culprits.  Which I could not.

BUT.

Clear sky night.  Big Dipper was huge!  I couldn't find Comet Neowise, but as tonight's also a clear sky night (somewhat rare here in the Pacific Northwest), I'm planning to set an alarm for 11pm, haul Squiddle's telescope out, and see if I can find the comet.  And then wake Squiddle and Wonderful Husband up to see it, since it's going to be 6,800 years until it comes back around, and none of us will be here for that.

(I still remember going to see Halley's Comet with my dad when I was a kid.  My goal is to live to see it again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment