Monday, July 6, 2020

Coop Coop Galoop!

Ugh, I've been quiet here for nearly three weeks.  Sorry!  In my (paltry) defense, I've been working on and stressing on a few things.

First, I've written an posted a couple fanfics in the Check, Please! fandom: Cornucopia and Running From the Moon.  And I'm almost done with a second chapter of Cornucopia.

Second, I finally planted the third garden bed.  I could have sworn that I had parsnip seeds!  But apparently I do not.  So I transplanted in four oregano plants, two Italian parsley, two habenero plants, four various summer squashes, and seeded two rows each of carrots-and-radishes and leeks.  I need to make another trellis for the squash, but that can wait a few days.

And, third!  We (mostly) finished the chicken tractor!


The windows on either side still need their shutters and latches installed, and we still need to figure out wheels.  But it is structurally sound and the girls are out of their box and living on grass and sunshine.  (And water and chicken feed.)  Yesterday I had to physically put them through the door to shut them in the coop for the night, and this morning I went back out a couple hours after I'd opened it and they were still inside the coop so I had to shoo them out the door.  But tonight, five of the six of them were already inside when it was time to shut them in, so here's to hoping they can be taught!

In other news, Squiddle has lost his fourth tooth!  No more upper incisors for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment