Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Ugh

Around 5:30 this morning, Jazzy came into our room, wanting to be tucked back into bed.  Around 6, he came in again and just ended up snuggled in between Wonderful Husband and myself.  Which I don't mind that much, in theory, but he doesn't stay in the dead center, no, he has to sleep on Mummy's side.  Which means Mummy gets half a pillow and half the amount of duvet she had before, and, really, I did not sleep well after that point.

Today was also a run-around day.  After my walk/run and shower this morning, I put chicken sabzi in the crock pot for dinner, then went to Stokes Auction to pick up the items I'd won (a bedside table for me, a rug that turns out to not be the color it was on the listing, some hanging pots that were a lot smaller than I thought, and a vintage Fantasia coloring book).  Then I headed to Michaels to get a framing issue dealt with.  Then to Wilco to purchase a 6' orchard ladder since they were on sale and having one will be most helpful with the wall of blackberries on the west side of our house.  Then I put petrol in the car, picked up a prescription refill, and went home for lunch.  And that was my morning!

This afternoon I picked up my order from the farm co-op: blueberries, peaches, nectarines, and a couple varieties of garlic to try.  I figured that since there was a playground at the civic center (where the pickup happens) and I've never seen kids playing on it at that time, I should take the boys with so they could get some time outside the house and with a change of scenery.  They ended up doing a lot of running around and finding dandelions to blow on.  And I also knew at the back of the green area behind the playset, there were blackberry bushes....

With a bit of help from the boys (who have both decided they love blackberries, though Jazzy will not touch blueberries, go figure), I picked this:

I figure that will keep us in nibbles for a few days, and maybe a pie, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment