Saturday, August 29, 2020

Chicken Woes

 This morning, as I got back from my walk, I heard something distressing: one of our chickens, making its first attempt at crowing.


Chickoletta, the French Wheaten Marans (ie, the expensive [$15] chick) is now confirmed to be a rooster.  Which I'd been wondering at, as she (he) was not the right colors to be a hen.  But I'd hoped maybe she (he) was a different colorway of Marans.  She (he) doesn't have spurs... but no.

Even though all the lots are a full acre, as opposed to the 1/5th acre we had in Anaheim, we still live in a housing tract.  And even though the HOA (which forbids poultry and livestock) seems to be defunct, it's terribly rude to our neighbors to keep a crowing rooster.

So I took the above picture and put a free ad up on Craigslist.  And I have a taker for pickup tomorrow morning.

But I'm still annoyed.  I really wanted some dark dark brown eggs. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment