Sunday, November 22, 2020

Christmas Quilting (Do Not Panic)

 Quilt #3 for Christmas done, run through the washer, and currently tumble-drying with its matching pillowcases.  (This being the first one that's bed-sized; thus, why the other two haven't had pillowcases.)  I've pulled #4 (this one being for my sister) out of the closet and am ATM piecing together the backing.

I also dug out in the garage and found some possible backing bits for Jazzy's quilt, or maybe for the one for my mother... and also some fabric to expand the one for my mother, as it's a sampler quilt that currently measures ~50"x70".  If I put a couple borders on it, it could become bed-sized.  The problem is, my grandmother made the quilt top in the 1990s, and fabric colors and patterns are very different now than they were then!  Fortunately, I have a too-big fabric stash, and have found some pieces of the right era.  Including some that appear in the quilt!

Four and a half weeks.  Four quilts.  I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment