Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Catching Up

Got the Deep Purple wallhanging dropped off at the fairgrounds on Saturday.  This was after the mommy-baby yoga class I go to, so I had both Jazzy and Squiddle with me.  I got my free ticket for my entry, and I'll get another free ticket for working my guild's booth on our day there.  So we're going to the fair this year!  We haven't gone to the fair in years, so this will be the first time for the boys.  The big Ferris wheel stays set up year round, I believe, so Squiddle really wanted to go on it on Saturday.  I had to explain it wasn't plugged in yet.

Otherwise, I have pieced together every. single. last. green string I have.  And is it enough?  No.  But I've got two sides of the final border on the workshop wallhanging, which I've decided I'm going to call Poinsettia Landing.  And the rest of the border that I've pieced set aside.  I need to beg green strings from my guildmates, I guess.

Being still in kind of a string-piecing headspace, I pulled out the foundation papers for String-X and used up all my yellow strings for another block inspired by the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Then I counted up how many I had, and I have fifty quarter-blocks.  It takes forty-eight to make the quilt.  So I'm depapering them, then will do a layout and see how I want them to go.  Some are randomly scrappy, some are RSC colors, so.  Then I'll trim the corners, cut the triangles, and start assembling this into a top.

And the weather is finally turned tolerable again, so hopefully sometime in the next couple days I can get the low-volume quilt basted!

No comments:

Post a Comment