Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Quiet Quilt

This afternoon I finally got the backing, batting, and top for the low-volume quilt laid out and basted:


This one is very much not in my usual mien, and there's a reason for that: it started with the center sixteen four-patches, which were among the stuff I bought at Costume College last year.  I had to trim them and then dig deep into my stash to find a fabrics that kind of went-with.  I'm trying very hard to work from my stash only.  As it is, the sashing is the back side of that particular fabric, and the fabric with the pink peonies I had to use every last scrap: a few of the patches are pieced! Fortunately the alternate blocks in the four-patches are simple undyed muslin, which I had on hand.

At this point I've done straight-line quilting in the sashing, and I know what free-motion designs I want to do in the blocks.  But that will take waiting until sometime when Jazzy is napping so I can put all the stuff on my sewing desk onto the ground in order to be able to move the quilt about freely...

No comments:

Post a Comment