Thursday, June 15, 2017

A Bonnie Hunter Lecture

So yesterday at the OGQG meeting we had Bonnie Hunter as our guest speaker!  (Here's her post about it. I'm probably that spot of dark blonde in the upper right of the first picture.)  I knew her talk was going to be popular, but was actually kind of funny when I got there right when doors were supposed to open and people were having to hunt for parking.  I found some pretty easily, but then I knew about parking in the back of the lot by the RVs.  There were over 50 guests attending the meeting!  Inside, it wasn't quite standing room only, but the Elk's Lodge was still rather full.

Her talk was great.  I've been following her for a couple years, so she didn't really cover anything revolutionary or ground-breaking to me, but seeing some of her quilts in person was really neat.  And when she brought out Pineapple Crazy... well, I'd seen pictures of it.  They don't do justice.  It's jaw-droppingly amazing.

I had taken the X-Plus quilt in for Show And Tell and since she was sitting in the front row I got to hear her really liking it.  And I bought her three books that I did not have, especially since she had them at a really nice "so I don't have to ship them back home" price. ^_^  I spent part of yesterday evening kitting up supplies for the Jamestown Landing class I'm taking with her tomorrow.  I'm still a bit waffly - do I want to do it in cream with green chains and stars, or do I want to make it a Christmas quilt and do it in cream with green chains and red stars?  Today I need to finish kitting up, and also catch up on stuff here around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment