Sunday, June 18, 2017

Going Small

I've been working on the Jamestown Landing blocks and have made the executive decision to do four blocks, a couple of borders, and call it good at a Christmas wallhanging.  I have small children, I don't have time to piece 168 (I kid you not, that is the actual number required) 4 1/2" neutral string blocks.  At some point, when my boys are bigger, I will revisit the pattern and make an actual bed-sized quilt to go with the wallhanging.  But that day is not today.

So far I have the four blocks sewn and put together, and the first border added on.  Next up will be the outer border, which I'm doing of green strings.  I suspect I do not have enough green strings.  I suspect I may need to e-mail one of my fellow class-goers and offer her a trade: my neutral strings for her green....

No comments:

Post a Comment