Monday, February 13, 2017

Notes from the Land of Lurgy

Ugh.  My hard round of the flu hit over the weekend, coinciding with Jazzy's, and man did that make for a couple of not-fun nights for the little guy, for me, and for Wonderful Husband.  Fortunately I think I'm on the mend, and I think Jazzy is too.

I did get to watch Quilt-Cam yesterday morning, and used the time to cut out the remaining HSTs for this month's Block Lotto block.  I've been working on those bit by bit yesterday and today and have got them sewn, pressed, and trimmed to the flying geese stage.  Tomorrow I start sewing the 72 rectangles to one another to eventually end up with 9 blocks.  And because I used the EZ Angle tool to cut both sizes of triangles from strips, I've ended up with something like eighty bonus triangles to sew into squares.  On top of the thirty-six HST squares from this month's block of the month for my quilt guild....

I obviously need to find a pattern to use them all up at some point.

I'm also pondering making a completely twee set of outfits for when we all go visit my sister and new niece next month.  A dress for niecelet, shirt for Squiddle, and overalls for Jazzy, all out of the same material, just so we can do one of those horribly embarrassing photoshoots. ^_^  Currently I'm leaning in the direction of some fine-wale dark turquoise corduroy that's been hiding in the stash awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment