Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Three Solstice Blocks

I've no real excuse for my absence from the blog.  I have fortunately been getting in a bit of sewing most days.  Evidence, in the form of three more blocks for the Solstice challenge:


Block seven was pretty easy.  I pulled in a new light from the stack and played with three different darks (green, red, and blue) for the stripes.


Block eight got nicknamed the "faithful companion cube" block.  All three hearts are hand-appliqued, which is a skill I'm relearning on this quilt.  The center heart is an outlier piece in the stack of thrift store purchase fabrics I'm using for this quilt.  But since it was in the stack, I decided to fussy-cut it and use it.


And block nine, at 32.5" square, exceeded the size of my mock-design wall!  It also required unsewing of several seams because I decided to use two lights and accidentally mixed up my directions.  Both lights are ones I pulled from my stash and added to the project stack, because I am rapidly running out of the three already in it, and there are still many more weeks to go.

Now, if my boys will let me, I am off to sew some more Ugly Fabric Nine Patch blocks for the exchange....

No comments:

Post a Comment