Saturday, February 18, 2017

Storms and Green Pinwheels

We fortunately haven't been affected by yesterday's "worst storm to hit SoCal in at least six years!" other than my not needing to water the garden this week.  Lucky us!  And over the past few days of still-recovering-from-the-flu, I have got some sewing time in, resulting in my finishing off the nine Dutchman's Puzzle blocks for this month's Block Lotto draw.  They're actually really pretty and I'm hoping I might win this month!  Not gonna happen, of course, but I enjoyed the sewing time.


The constant green in the center pinwheel actually came from that bag of fabric I was given a few weeks back.  There was just enough for these blocks and a couple tumblers.  Win!  I also bundled up almost all the solids from the back and turned them in to the guild for the "50/50 draw" at this month's meeting - 50% of the fabrics to go to a raffle basket at the quilt show in a few months, 50% to be won by one lucky person (who fortunately was not me!) at the meeting itself.

This week I also finally figured out a sort of mini design wall: I took a bit of extra cotton quilt batting and draped it over the large quilter's ironing board my dad made me a couple years back.  Bingo!  The blocks stick to it without pins, making it much easier to photograph them.  This will make doing the handouts for Block of the Month so much easier.

I also cut and sewed block seven of Pat Sloan's Solstice challenge and sewed the base of block eight.  Now to hand applique those three hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment