Thursday, February 2, 2017

Solstice Stitching

And the days just slip by between posts!  I've fortunately been able to spend a bit of time sewing most days, helping me keep my sanity in these trying political times.  I've also been forcing myself to work my way through my "Mount Toberead" pile of books at bedtime, because if I don't distract myself with a bit of fantasy or scifi before sleeping, I'm liable to just lay awake, worrying over things, until I start crying or fall asleep from mental exhaustion.

But!  Here's one of the things I've been working on:


These are the first six blocks from Pat Sloan's Solstice challenge.  They seem a bit disparate at the moment, but I'm hoping as I work through the remaining nineteen blocks from the same stack of fabric, the project will start to look more cohesive.

Also, somehow, my quilting hobby led me to getting a phone call today which summed up to "Hi, you don't know me, but I was given a bag of quilting fabrics and I'm never going to use them.  Would you like them?"  (I said yes, of course.)  She had asked at her local JoAnn Fabrics if anyone knew someone who would like them, and one of the fellow customers pulled out her phone and gave Shirley my number.  I'm guessing the facilitator in this case was one of my guildmates.  I'm wondering if it was Laura, who has in the past destashed a bit and given me lots of stuff.  In any case, the half-trashbag was full of lots of good stuff, from neutrals to batiks to some of the kinda-dated 1980s prints.  Almost all of it was quarter-yards or greater.  It included quite a lot of creams and whites, which I can always use.  So, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment