Monday, April 24, 2017

Catching Up

Jazzy's big baby quilt got finished on Tuesday.  So, six days start to finish.  Not bad!  It's sat in the corner of the bedroom at the moment, awaiting a photo op on mummy-and-daddy's bed.  (Jazzy is currently napping on said bed.)

Saturday, after Mommy-Baby Yoga, we all went to the quilt show.  I was quite pleased to discover that someone had given my black/orange crane quilt a $5 "I liked this" ribbon!  And Wonderful Husband and I had a discussion about my quilts.  He thinks they're fantastic, while I think I'm middle of the road.  But then I've only been quilting for three years, and the people I look at in comparison have been quilting for, literally, decades.  So I know full well it's a false comparison and I'm doing quite well for where I am.

We ended up going quite close to the end of the show (and it was a high of 93 degrees that day, ugh) so by the time we hit the garage sale, it was fill a bag for a dollar.  I spent a dollar and got lots of books and patterns and fabric.  I was pleased that of the stuff I'd donated I only recognized one bit of fabric and one book still there.  Other people liked my discards, and I liked other people's discards.  Thus is balance maintained.

One of the things I got was a flawed-in-the-printing panel for a kid's art supplies wall hanging.  I sewed a couple of tucks to minimize the worst of the flaws, quilted it, sewed pockets on, invented some ties, and bound it.  Not bad for a dollar and a day's work, it's now helping to organize some of Squiddle's stickers and crayons and markers and the like.

Today is organization day.  I had to clear all the bins and stuff that usually live on my sewing desk to quilt the big baby quilt, plus now I have an influx of new stuff, so everything not already on the shelves is getting gone through and organized.  I should also work in the garden.  The blueberries are starting to come in, and I really need to get the next bed amended and planted.

And I am finally going to get around to turning a big bin of baby clothes into a memory quilt for my mom's friend....

No comments:

Post a Comment