Friday, April 7, 2017

This Fabric Looks Questionable To Me

I spent part of this evening sewing up nine-patches for the Ugly Fabric Nine-Patch Exchange from the material that started it all: shirtless cowboys from the trove of remnants that I stuffed into my bag at Costume College's Bargain Bazaar.

Like Bonnie Hunter says, if it's still ugly, it isn't cut small enough yet!  Amazing how slicing that fabric up into 2" squares did away with the questionableness of the subject.  All nipples save one ended up in seam allowances, blessed be!  And while a few squares still do have faces, I think I will reserve for myself the block that has a prominently placed belt buckle. :)

I made 20 blocks tonight, and still have a bit left.  I think I'll pair the remainder with a different fabric and eke out some more blocks for the exchange, just to have it all done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment