Saturday, April 29, 2017

Stuck in a Rut, Spinning Wheels

I hate the feeling of spinning in circles.  It leaves me feeling out of control of my life, and that's when I start snacking when I shouldn't snack, or spending money when I shouldn't spend.

Squiddle needs to get on board the potty training wagon.  He's three and a half!  But he's refusing.  Big boy undies with dinosaurs on them and the promise of a castle bed aren't working as motivation.

The castle bed will be coming regardless; it's already ordered.  Because Jazzy is outgrowing the bassinet in Wonderful Husband and my's bedroom.  So he needs to move into Squiddle's room and the convertible bed needs to be converted back to a crib for him, and Squiddle needs to move into a proper toddler bed.

The two boys sharing a room is not rubbing Wonderful Husband right.  I don't understand why - he and I share a bedroom, they're smaller than us, they're the same gender.  Etcetera.  My sister and I shared a room almost until I hit double digits.  But he's never had to, so he doesn't have the same feelings about it as I do.  And it's making him itch to be on with the moving house thing.

Which will happen sometime in the next year-and-a-bit.  Because the elementary school down the street from us has a 1 out of 10 rating.  So we need to finish sprucing up this place and sell it and move somewhere with better schools.  And a house with at least one more bedroom!

Feeding into which is the possibility that he may, in half a year or so, be able to get permission to work permanently offsite from his job.  Which, if he does, well, that frees us up to move just about anywhere.  And a possibility that looms large (particularly given the g-d- Santa Ana winds blowing today) is the Pacific Northwest.  Which is a really long move from Anaheim, particularly with small children in tow.  Uprooting our life here!  And we'd need to be moving someplace that (a) has an office space just for him, and (b) is not too far away from other tech jobs, just in case.  I want a house with some vintage character and large yard space for kids, gardens, maybe chickens.  He wants something modern with minimal yard space needing upkeep.  Whatever we get, we'll work it out and compromise and find something we can agree on in between our two ideals.  That's what we did last time, and what makes for a strong marriage and partnership between us.  But regardless of where we move, I'm not looking forward to the growing pains!

So, this all is why I'm feeling unsettled and in a rut.  I'm working on the last of a set of cross-stitch quilt blocks, but I have a feeling what I should probably do is unleash myself on the sewing machine.

Creating something has to make me feel better...!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kristin! Cathy here from Sane, Crazy, Crumby blog. Your email addy doesn't come up (you are a no reply blogger!) so I can't reply to you as to where to send 9 patches! Let me know by sending me an email directly to my email address. I think that shows up in my blog profile. Thanks, Cathy

    P.S. I had a Squiddle...he never did want to be potty-trained either so I know what you are going through!

    ReplyDelete