Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

Guild Officers meeting was last night.  It kind of felt like we're starting to relax into our roles?  Of course, I say that but half of the slate have been going around the various positions for years.  (The other half of us being newbies.)  Nonetheless, it all went well and I think I've got a handle on it.  I turned in four of the five quilts I'm submitting to the quilt show.  Just one more hanging sleeve to attach!

Today I've been sewing, as the bitlets have allowed.  I've switched gears, as all that hand-sewing was making my lower arm ache.  Instead, I cut out the 18 blocks for the Block of the Month (6 for the guild board/pot, 12 for my own quilt) and sewed up my dozen.  I think it works, and I've come up with two variations (one simpler, one more complicated) for when I write up the directions sheet.

With luck, I'll get to photograph and sew up those last six blocks tomorrow, and write up the instructions.  Then I move on to the Ugly Fabric Nine-Patches, and then back to sewing on that last sleeve.  And then I'm all caught up, phew!

(And then, once the guild meeting next Tuesday has passed, I do Block Lotto blocks, and cut out and sew new jammies for Squiddle.  And then lather, rinse, and repeat everything else for next month. ^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment