Saturday, October 14, 2017

Stream of Sewishness

All 56 blue string blocks trimmed and depapered.  And the remaining blue things starting to get sorted out.  This project got rid of all my blue strings, left me very few blue 1.5" strips, took a not-insignificant bite out of my blue 2" strips, and also made a good dent in my blue chunks-and-scraps.

(In among all the sewing, Jazzy got into my 1.5" strip bin.  I let him, as it was keeping the baby quietly entertained while Mummy power-sewed.  Still, the upshot is that what had been a neatly folded and stacked color-coded bin is now all just stuffed back in willy-nilly. Sigh...)

The next step for this project is to cut the embroidered kitchen towels to 12.5" squares and find the right gold in my stash, cut some 1.5" strips, and border those squares.  Then I get to do the layout.

But I couldn't deal with that today, so I pulled fabric out of the dryer - last week's grand $4 thrift store grab bag haul, a large piece from the stash, and a couple yards of character fabric I'd bought on purpose.  Fold fold fold.  Iron the character fabric and a bit from the thrift store, cut them, pull out and piece a couple 1.5" strips and iron them in half to make a flange, and now to pin.  Pillowcases are easy and fast - not quite instant gratification, but not too far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment