Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Knowing When To Quit

Yesterday I proceeded to further deconstruct my sewing mess area and cull more stuff.  To the point where I was stressed out and near tears because no matter how much I pulled out to cull, there was no visible impact on the sheer amount of stuff I have.

So I gave up.

I threw in the towel and called it good for this month.  I have like six or seven big bags of stuff to haul to guild next month.  Maybe after that I'll do another round of culling to take in to the December meeting.  But for now I've reassembled my sewing area, and it is slightly cleaner and tidier and less stressful on me, which was the goal anyway.  And I rewarded myself by sewing!  I've finished another album block, moved a bit along on the final set of purple stars, and hemmed a precut length of canvas-weight fabric into a runner.  (And cleaned and organized the TV area and coffee table, and put the runner there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment